Braemar 628820 Smart Control (BSC) 4-5 STAR PCB
Repair Price: $155.00
Warranty: 12 months, extendable to 18 or 24 months.
- False overheat fault (Code 10 or Code 19),
- False ignition failure fault (Code 7),
- False EFS shutdown fault (Code 11),
- Incorrect thermistor temperature,
- False thermistor faults (Code 4, 5, 15, 16),
- Fan starts at full speed,
- Fan speed not adjustable,
- False condensate detected at start fault (Code 18).
Braemar Smart Control Fault Codes (3 STAR Models):
|01||Pressure switch P-100 closed at start. This fault is usually caused by a faulty Fenwal ignition module.|
|02||Pressure switch P-100 failed to close.
Check the following:
|03||Pressure switch P-100 open during run.|
|07||Ignition failure – Possible faulty/dirty flame sensor or false fault due to BSC PCB fault.
Check the following:
|09||Internal memory failure – This is due to a faulty BSC PCB.|
|10||Over temperature switch HX OT1 open (tripped) – The heater may be overheating, the over-temperature switch may be faulty, the room fan motor run capacitor may be degraded or may have failed, or the BSC PCB may be faulty.
Check that the heater isn’t overheating due to an air flow issue. Check that the return air filter is clean (if fitted, it should be behind the return air grille in the premises), check that all outlets in the premises are open and that there are no air flow obstructions (eg. closed doors) preventing the air in the premises reaching the return air grille.
Using a suitable multimeter, disconnect the room fan motor run capacitor (located near the BSC PCB inside the heater) and check that the capacitor is within 10% of the rated capacitance. If not, replace the room fan run capacitor with the same capacitance and type.
If overheating is suspected, check that the fan blades do not have an excessive build-up of dust on them and that the room fan can rotate freely.
If the above items have been checked, the fault may be due to a faulty BSC PCB.
|11||EFS shutdown – The Fenwal ignition module has shut down or the BSC PCB may be faulty.
This fault can be produced by a number of causes.
Check the following:
|19||Over temperature switch HX OT2 open at start.
If the heater is cold, this fault will be due to a faulty over-temperature switch or faulty BSC PCB.
If this fault occurs only after the heater has been running, check for problems that may cause an over-temperature condition (see code 10).
Terms & Conditions – Repair/Exchange:
- All products come with a 12 month warranty as standard and can be extended at the time of sale. Extended warranties are available at a rate of $44.00 per every additional 6 months. The warranty period is limited to a maximum of 24 months.
- The warranty covers all parts used in the repair as well as the labour provided by LOGISENSE. The warranty does not cover the labour of yourself or any third party.
- The warranty does not cover damage caused by faulty accessories, power surges, lightning, water ingress, wiring faults or incorrect installation.
- The customer pays all postage costs (where applicable) and should ensure that all items posted are adequately protected with bubble wrap or similar.
- Items that have been tampered with, cleaned with chemicals, damaged by water/liquid ingress, fire, power surges/spikes, lightning or that are in otherwise poor physical condition are not generally eligible for exchange, but a repair may be offered depending on the extent of the damage.
- There is an assessment fee of $44.00 if the item you bring/send for repair is not faulty.
- There is no charge in the event that the repair is unsuccessful, other than return postage (if applicable).
Terms & Conditions – Advance Exchange:
- Advance exchanges are only available to trade customers that have established a working relationship with us.
- Faulty item(s) must be returned or shipped back to us within 28 days of the invoice date.
- The customer is to pay any costs associated with the return of the faulty item(s) and will not be reimbursed for these costs.
- Items that have been tampered with, cleaned with chemicals, damaged by water/liquid ingress, fire, power surges/spikes, lightning or that are in otherwise poor physical condition are not eligible for exchange.
- Advance exchange deposits will only be refunded upon receipt of the faulty item(s) and only if the returned item(s) meet the conditions outlined above.
Terms & Conditions – Returns:
- Reconditioned electrical/electronic parts/assemblies may be returned but will be subject to a $44.00 restocking fee. If any returned parts/assemblies are damaged, no refund will be offered.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.